Vacancies for the Current 2021-22 School Year
- Early Childhood (Preschool) Teacher – Childcare Leave Cover (Application)
NIS is always looking for substitute teachers to join the substitute teacher pool. Applicants must be already living near NIS and should be available to serve on an irregular and short-notice basis. Applicants must have the legal entitlement to work in Japan and should have a teaching certification. To express interest in the position please download, complete and send this application back directly to email@example.com.
There are no other vacancies for the 2021-22 school year. As always, candidates are encouraged to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for all inquiries or questions regarding employment opportunities at NIS (and not email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Application Process for Candidates
The application procedure for teachers and interns is as follows:
1. Download and review in detail the position description including the ‘essential’ and ‘desired' requirements for the position. Please do not apply unless you meet the ‘essential’ requirements listed in the position description. NIS regrets we are not able to reply to applications received from candidates who do not meet these requirements;
2. Review the other parts of this website – especially the pages ‘Attributes of an NIS Teacher’ and ‘Is NIS the Right Fit?’ pages of this section. You may also wish to view our recent "Inquire Inspire Impact" video on the NIS YouTube page to learn more about our aspirations as a school. You could also search @nagoyais on Twitter to follow our community stories.
3. If, after having done this, you feel that NIS the right fit for you then we would welcome an application. You can do this by downloading and completing the application form below and sending it, along with a CV (no more than 2 pages) and a short cover-note in the body of the email to email@example.com. Mark your email 'formal application.'
4. If however you have any questions of clarification which you would like to ask before completing your formal application, it is fine to send a short mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV (no more than two pages) and your questions. Mark your email ‘tentative inquiry.’ We will be happy to respond and indicate whether or not we advise you to complete the application form.
Please note: While NIS will seek to respond to all applications in a timely manner this is not always possible. Should you fail to receive a response within seven days of submitting an application you should feel welcome to make an inquiry into the status of your application. Please allow additional time to respond over the holiday period.
All of us at NIS wish you the very best as you search for the next big opportunity in your international educator career.
- Download 2021-22 DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS and OPERATIONS application form
- Download 2021-22 ASSOCIATE PRINCIPAL application form
- Download 2021-22 TEACHING application form (for all academic teaching/intern positions)
- Download 2021-22 COUNSELOR application form (for the counselor position)
- Download 2021-22 TECH COORDINATOR application form
- Download 2021-22 SUBSTITUTE TEACHER application form
|Candidates Beware of Recruiting Scams
NIS will never ask or require teacher candidates to send money for application fees, interview fees, visas, plane tickets or other costs associated with recruitment or moving to Japan. We will not ask potential teachers for information related to bank accounts or other private information. If you have been asked by anyone claiming to be part of NIS, or another international school, to send money to cover such costs, you are probably the target of an elaborate scam. Several good international schools have recently had their web sites cloned, and candidates have been asked to send large amounts of money. All international candidates are urged to be diligent in investigating potential schools during the recruiting process and prior to signing a contract. Use extreme caution if you have been asked for money or private information. - M. Parr, Head of School, NIS
View the most recent school prospectus/profile
Our most recent "Connections" magazine, published July, 2020
2018-2019 Annual Report
Our most recent "Annual Report", showing demographic and financial data for the 2018-2019 school year, published November, 2019
SCHOOL DATA & PROFILE
This 2-page profile provides data and information about NIS as of Sep. 1, 2020 (PDF)
View the 2021-22 school calendar (PDF).