Welcome to the NIS Summer Program!

Thank you so much for your interest in NIS Summer Program, and we hope to see you next summer!


What is the NIS Summer Program?!

The NIS Summer Program provides students with a dynamic environment that helps them learn and have fun.  The program does this by incorporating activities that challenge the student through five main areas - Creative, Cognitive, Collaborate, Cultural, and Cardiovascular. We believe that a truly engaging summer program is built around these areas of focus. Activities for students vary weekly, but will include arts, crafts, team games, IT exploration, cooking, science experiments, and more!

*Please note that the NIS Summer Program is NOT intended to be a learning program to enhance academic English skills. The language of instruction for the NIS Summer Program is English and students are expected to be able to communicate and participate fully in English. Students are expected to use the common language of English at all times while on the NIS campus, and may be asked to withdraw from the program (or denied enrollment) if it is deemed that the English level of the student does not qualify for full participation.


Enrollment Eligibility

Admission to the NIS Summer Program is open to students age 4-12 (entering Preschool 4 through grade 5/6), and must fall under one of the three admissions categories below:

  1. Students who are currently studying full-time in an international school (or school outside of Japan) which uses an English-based school curriculum AND who are not enrolled in the Japanese school system;
  2. Japanese returnee students (returned within the last two years; students must submit grade reports or transcripts of former school(s) attended) who previously studied in an English-language curriculum while outside of Japan;
  3. Students who are non-Japanese or multi-cultural (i.e. one or both parents have a non-Japanese passport and a native language that is not Japanese) and who have sufficient English language skills to participate.

Participants for all sessions must submit a completed application form.  Sessions 1 & 2 are open to NIS students and students from categories (1), (2) and (3).




COVID-19 Precautions

Of course, NIS will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation carefully and consider all facets of operation needed to successfully and safely implement the NIS Summer Program in the interest of health and safety of all participants. 

Go HERE for our COVID-19 Risk Management Plan.

Parents need to know, of course, is that the reality is that the school cannot guarantee that students will not become infected, nor that the COVID-19 situation in Aichi doesn’t further deteriorate to the point that the government declares another state of emergency. We also need parents to understand that it is not possible to have an online version of the Summer Program.


COVID-19 Cancellation Policy

In the case that the Summer Program is cancelled due to COVID-19 related circumstances, no online equivalent can be offered, and the school will reimburse parents for the unused days on a prorated per-day scale. For example, if the program were to be cancelled before the week started, 100% of the daily rate (i.e. the whole week) would be refunded. In the event that a COVID-19 related mid-week cancellation occurred, 80% of the unused days would be refunded, with the remaining 20% of income retained by the school in order to support non-recoverable operating expenses.

Thank you again for your application and understanding as we put the health and safety of our students and staff first. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. Please read more information about our cancellation policy if a parent wishes to cancel HERE.


2022 Courses

Fun from Previous Years

Program Details

2022 Summer Session

  • August 1-5 9:00-15:00 

COVID-19 Risk Management Plan

English   Japanese   

Application Deadlines

  • July 1

Application Requirements

Students must be between Preschool 4 and Grade 5/6 (age 4-12) and have a basic understanding of English, sufficient enough to allow them to follow directions safely and participate in the activities with enjoyment. Please see the requirements under "Enrollment Eligibility".

Session Fees

¥35,000 per student, per session (Lunch fees separate)  *Payment includes the popular Summer Program T-shirts!


Email: summerprogram@nis.ac.jp    
Tel: 052-736-2025


2022 Packing List

  • Change of clothes (for younger students)
  • Closed shoes (for PE classes) - i.e. no sandals or crocs
  • Water bottle
  • Hat (for outside play)
  • Hand towel
  • Lead pencils
  • Colored pencils
  • Scissors
  • Glue (stick or equivalent)


NIS now has an official LINE@ account!

Friend us HERE to get the latest information!