The NIS PTA is a very active group that supports students, teachers and parents in many ways. The PTA:
- Broadens the dimensions of NIS education through hosting fun-filled events and sponsoring improvements.
- Advances the moral, academic, cultural, and physical growth of the students by sponsoring or supporting activities organized to those ends.
- Supports teachers through offering volunteer workers to help with copying, laminating, binding and other tasks;
- Helps the school with a variety of events, including medical screening, school photo day, open houses, graduation ceremonies, etc.;
- Organizes language, aerobic, cooking and craft classes for the community;
- Raises funds through activities and projects to support NIS and its students.
- Facilitates communication and promote understanding and cooperation among students, parents, teachers, administration, and the NIS Board of Directors.
- Helps to strengthen the relationship between the home and the school.
- Donates funds raised to a variety of causes to better the school, enabling the school to purchase needed equipment and supplies, and also supports the scholarship portion of the school’s Annual Giving Fund.
You’ll find our PTA multicultural and very warm and welcoming!
- The Executive Committee consists of a President, Co-Vice Presidents, Co-Treasurers, Co-Secretaries, the PTA Representative to the Board of Directors, Co-Events Coordinators, the Head of School, and a Faculty Representative. The Executive Committee meets monthly. The Annual General Meeting, open to all PTA members, is held each May/June. The AGM sees the election of new Executive Committee members and votes on major funding allocations.
- Standing Committees to date:
The PTA contributes news to the NIS Sunday enewsletter, and information is also sent out on the official PTA Facebook page as well.
The NIS PTA welcomes and invites questions, concerns, or suggestions about PTA activities. Please send all correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org.