The NIS campus is on top of a hill, not visable from the main road. Coming from the front of the school (from the main road), the first thing people see is the Wing Building, which is right in front of the Bus Parking Lot. There is no visitor parking in the Bus Parking Lot, and visitors (and parents) are asked to park in the Upper Parking Lot, which is found just up the hill, with the Wing Building on the left. Security gates are locked while school is in session; use the intercom to gain access and check-in at the reception are in the Raymond Building.
Be warned! For visitors new to NIS (and Japan), it is recommended not to drive, and travel to Kozoji station (JR Chuo Line) by train and take a taxi for the first time visiting. The roads to Moriyama and surrounding NIS are a bit confusing and difficult to navigate for first-time drivers to Japan unless using a navigation system.
From the North/Northeast
- From NEW Moriyama Smart IC: The former "Moriyama PA" (Parking Area) is now also a "Smart Interchange", accessible for use with motorists who have an ETC card that automatically credits toll payments. After exiting the highway, turn right. Then, with the "100c" pachinko on the left, turn left onto onto route 15. This road is also known as "Ryusenji-kaido", or, the road of Ryusenji. Take this road northwest for about 1 km to “Nakashidami” where you need to turn right; go south to the next stoplight (Amaike), roughly 2-3 blocks, where you will turn left going east. From here, use the directions from Amaike Intersection below. (Approximate Driving Tim from Moriyama IC: 5-10 minutes)
- From JR Kozoji Station (south side exit): Drive about 1 km south from the station rotary, crossing over the river, turning right at stoplight just past the river (Togokubashi) which is also numbered route 15. Going about 2 km to the west, past "Valor", past Shidami Elementary School (on the right). Turn left at the seventh stoplight (Nakashidami, a JA Bank will be on the left), and then go south 2 blocks to the next stoplight (Amaike), where you will again turn left going east. From here, use the directions from Amaike Intersection. (Approximate Driving Time: 10 minutes)
From the West
- From Nagoya Station: With your back facing Nagoya station, take the road right in front you (Sakura-dori) which is perpindicular to the JR tracks, running eastward. Continue on Sakura-dori for roughly 5 km through Marunouchi, Hisayaodori (just north of Sakae) and Takaoka subway stations, turning left at "Uchiyama-cho" (which is the "Nagoya Ring" or route 15 from there), heading north towards the Nagoya Dome. Turn right (east) at the eleventh stop-light (Yada-cho 10), where you will see the Mitsubishi Denki (Electronics) factory on the left, and will have just passed the Nagoya Dome & the AEON shopping center on the right. After turning and driving about 1 km, turn left at the fourth stoplight (Sunadabashi) onto route 30, which will travel under the elevated “Yutorito Guideway Bus” and become route 202 and then 15 (at the point where the elevated bus ramp ends). Keep travelling northeast for about 10 km on 15 (Ryusenji-Kaido), heading in the direction of Kozoji, passing Ryusenji temple, AEON and passing under the Tomei expressway. Turn right at "Nakashidami", going south to the next stoplight (Amaike), roughly 2-3 blocks, where you will turn left going east. From here, use the directions from Amaike Intersection below. (Approximate Driving Time: 45-60 minutes)
- From Sakae: Head north towards Hisayaodori to get on the main street heading east from the north-end of Sakae (Sakura-Dori). Follow the directions above from Nagoya through Hisayaodori and Takaoka stations to "Uchiyama-cho". (Approximate Driving Time: 40-50 minutes)
From the Southwest
- From Hongo: From Hongo station, take route 59 (which is perpindicular to the elevated subway), heading north (as it actally becomes route 208 for a few blocks) and turning left onto route 214 (Higashiyama-cho 1), which is about 11 stoplights from Hongo. Travelling north for about 5 km, you will pass over train tracks near Inba station (Meitetsu Line), pass by the northeast side of Obata Ryokuchi Park, follow alongside the Tomei Expressway on your left, and finally end up going by "Shidami Science Park" (on the right side of the road) and "Shidami Sportsland" (on the left). Soon after passing the Science Park, turn left at the corner where “Nagoya Science Exchange Plaza” is located on the left. Soon after turning left, turn right at the next stoplight (Anagahora), and go north about 1 km to the second stoplight (Amaike). Turn right at Amaike, going east. From here, use the directions from Amaike Intersection. (Approximate Driving Time: 25-30 minutes)
- From Meito Area: Take route 60 (Higashiyama-dori) east, which travels over the Higashyama subway line, through Higashiyama, Hoshigoaka, Issha, Kamiyashiro Junction towards Hongo. Turn left at route 59 (Hongo), just before Hongo station. Follow the directions above ("From Hongo") from Hongo. (Approximate Driving Time: 25-35 minutes)
- From Fujigaoka: From the west side of Fujigaoka station (city bus terminal, taxi-stand side), head northwest between the convenience store (Circle K) and a bank (Aichi Bank) at the first stoplight closest to the west side of Fujigaoka (Fujigaoka Ekimae). Travel north through 6 stoplights, crossing route 363 (Shikenya), heading north as the road eventually turns into route 214 at "Higashiyama-cho 1". Follow the directions from above ("From Hongo") from "Higashiyama-cho 1", traveling further north for another 5 km. (Approximate Driving Time: 25-35 minutes)
From the Southeast
- From Seto: Heading west along route 61 (Seto-Kaido), turn right at route 75 (at Meitetsu Sango station), traveling north for about 1.5 km until the 6th stoplight (Shinrin-Koen). Route 75 actually turns left at "Shinrin Koen", heading west and continuing to cut through the park. Travel northwest about along route 75 through the park for about 2.5 km, passing "Longwood Sports and Tennis Club" on your right, and a intersection/stoplight named "Furuyamada"). After passing by a factory on the left side (SKK), turn left 150-200 meters past "Furuyamada" at the next small T intersection with no stoplight (look for the green NIS sign on the left). NIS is located two blocks south on this narrow road (resembles an alley!), passing a factory on the left side and an apartment complex on the right. You will first see the Wing Bulding which faces the lower Bus Parking Lot (no visitor parking during school hours), while the upper parking lot is up the hill on the left side for easy entrance to the offices and the main building. Security gates are locked while school is in session; use the intercom to gain access and check in at the reception are in the Raymond Building. (Approximate Driving Time: 10-15 minutes)
- From Nagakute Area: From Irigaike, take the “Toshokan-Dori” road north, passing through the Nagakute cultural center on your left, and the Nagakute library on your right. Travel about 5 km from Irigaike to route 61, where you will turn right (Taiikukan Minami). This intersection onto 61 is just south of the Meitetsu Owariasahi station, the Owariasahi City Hall, and ASKA shopping center. Travel east for 8 stoplights, turning left at route 75 (Sango). Follow directions above from Meitetsu Sango station. (Approximate Driving Time: 20-30 minutes)
From Amaike Intersection
- Travel EAST on route 75 (There is a pachinko parlor on the west corner of "Amaike"). Pass a city bus stop (Amaike) followed by a bank (Tono Shinyo Kinko) on the right side. Keep going straight 200 meters and pass another bus stop (Nishihara), pass through one stoplight, and you will see a convenience store (Circle K) on the left and condominium complex on the right (Rainbow Amaike). Turn right at the next small T intersection with no stoplight on the left (look for the green NIS sign); NIS is located two blocks south on this narrow road (resembles an alley!), passing a factory on the left side and an apartment complex on the right. You will first see the Wing Bulding which faces the lower Bus Parking Lot (no visitor parking during school hours), while the upper parking lot is up the hill on the left side for easy entrance to the offices and the main building. Security gates are locked while school is in session; use the intercom to gain access and check in at the reception are in the Raymond Building.
JR Chuo Line ("Kozoji" station)
- Kozoji station is the closest station to NIS, but is roughly a 40-45 minute walk from NIS. Taxi's are recommended for those who are visitors to NIS (roughly 1,600 yen). The bus rotary and taxi stand are on the south side of Kozoji station (in front of the Mister Donut). Kozoji station is accessible through the JR Chuo line, and is two stops past "Kasugai" from Nagoya. Kozoji is also accessible from southeast via the "Aichi Kanjo (Loop) Line", with limited service to the Toyota area. From Nagoya station, the train usually leaves from JR track #7 or #8, sometimes track #6, and has a destination stop of either Nakatsugawa, Mizunami, Tajimi or Kozoji, depending on the train. All trains stop at Kozoji station, and is a 20-25 minute ride depending on whether or not the train is an express train with limited stops.
- JR Kozoji Time Table: From Nagoya | From Kozoji
Meitetsu Seto Line (“Owariasahi” station)
- Owariasahi station on the Meitetsu Seto line is also within a reasonable taxi distance from NIS. The taxi stand is located on the north side of the station, but do not come as frequent as the taxis at JR Kosoji station. The cost for a one-way taxi ride to NIS from Owariasahi station is roughly 1,600 yen and takes about 10-15 minutes.
- Public "Yutorito" line buses travel from Ozone station and along an elevated, dedicated ramp, heading east towards the school. Buses leave "Ozone" roughly every 10 minutes for either "Nakashidami" (more frequent) or to "Kozoji". "Nakashidami" is the nearest stop to NIS, and is about at 10-15 minute walk to/from NIS. The bus leaves "Nakashidami" for "Ozone" about every 10 minutes. The cost for an adult (middle school or above) is 420 yen one way. (Approximate Bus Travel Time: 25-30 minutes/Walk Time: 10-15 minutes)
- Yutorito-Line Timetable
- For Students Travelling to NIS via this bus: (from Ozone)
- Ozone Departure: 7:40 --> Nakashidami Arrival: 8:06
City-Bus - Fujigaoka #12
- The closest city bus stop is 10-15 minutes walk west of the school, and the nearest stop is "Amaike" (near the Pachinko Parlor at the Amaike corner). This bus runs infrequently. Cost is 210 yen for an adult.
- Fujigaoka #12 Timetable (from Fujigaoka) (from Amaike)
- For Students Travelling to NIS via this bus: (from Fujigaoka)
- Fujigaoka Departure: 6:48 --> Amaike Arrival: 7:14
- Fujigaoka Departure: 7:13 --> Amaike Arrival: 7:43
- Fujigaoka Departure: 7:47 --> Amaike Arrival: 8:14 (students will be late!)
- For Students Travelling to Fujigaoka via this bus: (from Amaike)
- Amaike Departure: 3:59 --> Fujigaoka Arrival: 4:30
- Amaike Departure: 5:14 --> Fujigaoka Arrival: 5:46
- Amaike Departure: 6:17 --> Fujigaoka Arrival: 6:49