The NIS School Calendar Year
The 180-day school year is divided into two semesters (four quarters), starting at mid-August and finishing in mid-June. A semester is roughly half of the school year, usually from August-December and then January-June; a quarter is roughly half of a semester, usually August-October, October-December, January-March, and March-June. Please note that the age cut-off for grade placement for all grades is September 1.
- Link to 1-page 2021-22 Calendar (PDF)
- Link to 1-page 2022-23 Calendar (PDF)
- Link to Full Online Calendar
NIS is divided into two divisions, the Primary School, which encompasses the ELC Preschool, ELC Kindergarten and Elementary School grades, and the Secondary School, which encompasses the Middle School and High School grades.
- Primary School: The ELC (ELC Preschool and ELC Kindergarten) keep the same hours as the rest of the school. Each day for the Primary school begins at 8:20, and dismissal is at 3:30. The majority of elementary class instruction is self-contained. Some classes (i.e. Japanese, Art, PHE, etc.) are scheduled on an alternating Week 1/ Week 2 schedule like the Secondary School.
- Secondary School: Secondary students spend the day moving between classes (mostly with their homeroom group), and classes are scheduled on an alternating Week 1/ Week 2 schedule, with daily homerooms and weekly, extended homerooms. Classes start at 8:20, and dismissal is at 3:30.
- Wednesday Dismissal: On Wednesdays, the entire school dismisses early, at 2:00 pm.
Calendar & Category Legend:
- All School Events
- Arts Events/Performances
- Board of Directors/Trustees Events
- Cezars Kitchen Lunch Menu
- Elementary ASAs
- Kidzuna Community Connection
- NIS Sports Games
- NIS Sports Practices
- Primary School Events
- PTA Events
- SAT/ACT Testing
- School Holidays
- Secondary School Events